FRIDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers:
* On Tuesday, McCain’s top aides suggested McCain would not focus on Bill Ayers going forward. This morning, McCain released a new ad slamming Obama for having “worked with” Ayers. The ad also baselessly accuses Obama of having “lied” about the association.
* The Obama campaign has completed deals to show half-hour long ads — in prime time — on CBS and NBC on Wednesday, Oct. 29. Similar deals are in the words for ABC and Fox, though the World Series may make the Fox deal fall through.
* In Ohio, Strategic Vision shows Obama leading McCain by two, 48% to 46%.
* In Florida, Strategic Vision shows Obama leading McCain by eight, 52% to 44%.
* In Virginia, Public Policy Polling shows Obama leading McCain by eight, 51% to 43%.
* In Wisconsin, a Research 2000 poll shows Obama leading McCain by 10, 51% to 41%.