Really didn’t intend for this whole day to be about the GOP presidential candidates, but sometimes that’s how the news cycle, well, cycles. Some other odds and ends:
* PPP poll tests exact text of the Blunt Amendment GOPers are backing to overturn administration’s contraception coverage mandate. It gets a thumbs-down by a 25/67 margin.
* Kevin Drum explains why wages stagnate while profits continue to go up.
* Dennis Ross, hardly a Middle Eastern dove, tells Israelis to chill since economic sanctions aganst Iran are working.
* Sunday was 70th anniversary of executive order authorizing internment of Japanese-Americans. Bill Ong Hing urges Americans not to make same mistake with terrorism “suspects.”
* Politico‘s Vogel and Phillip offer everything you’d ever want to know and more about campaign “burn rates.”
* Mike Tomasky says what GOP needs is not new candidates, but a new “base.”
Have a happy and safe Mardi Gras, everyone. I plan to wish I were in New Orleans (something I do often), but then get a good night’s sleep before Ash Wednesday.