* Meditating on the Derrick Bell/Obama “scandal” of the last few days, Paul Waldman says the hard-core Right is making it very difficult to avoid accusations of racism.
* On a parallel track, David Graham listens to Sarah Palin talking about Obama and Bell and figures she’s saying support for diversity is the same as support for apartheid.
* Karen Tumulty reminds us that Republican success in 2010 depended a lot on major gains with women–gains the GOP is now working hard to squander.
* Extended GOP nominating contest is forcing Romney to undertake major new fundraising drive.
* Unsurpsingly, congressional Republicans not real impressed with recent job gains.
And in non-political news:
* And in sad, non-political news: “Disco Inferno” singer Jimmy Ellis dies at 74.
That’s it from me for the week. This weekend, I’m pleased to announce a new Guest Blogger, Kathleen Geier. She’s guest-blogged before at The American Prospect and The Atlantic, and formerly wrote (as “Kathy G.”) at her personal blog, The G Spot. Please welcome her warmly!