I haven’t watched any actual basketball yet (just occasionally checked the scoreboard), but that is about to change.
Here are a few odd socks from the news dryer:
* As part of deal to allow votes on judicial nominations, Senate confirmed openly gay Californian for district bench. Six Republicans voted “no,” including alleged libertarian Rand Paul.
* Local Indiana election board rules Sen. Richard Lugar and his wife ineligible to vote on residency grounds. Lugars will appeal.
* PA Gov. Tom Corbett says women objecting to proposed ultrasound requirement should just keep their eyes closed. At least he didn’t say “lay back and enjoy it.”
* Romney makes it clear HE doesn’t think Puerto Rico has to make English primary language before becoming a state.
* Sex scandal in MN legislature goes public, threatens to spread as staffer says darn tootin’ there’s a lot of this going on!
* Blago enters slammer, prepares for long stretch without daily publicity.
See you tomorrow, when you’ll be as tired as I am after those West Coast games!