Here are some Wednesday mid-day news treats I found in the virtual kitchen:
* Joe Scarborough says “no one” in GOP Establishment thinks Romney is going to beat Obama in the general election. “No one” is a nice, round number, easy to remember.
* TN Gov. Bill Haslam, usually thought to represent what passes for moderation in GOP these days, indicates he’s likely to sign bill authorizing science teachers to question evolution. His state, of course, was the site of the famous “Monkey Trial” on teaching of evolution in 1925. How far we’ve come!
* DNC Chair rebuts Orrin Hatch claim that Democrats will “throw the Mormon Church at [Romney] like you can’t believe.”
* Q-Poll shows NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo having 68/19 approval/disapproval rating, with nearly even approval numbers among Democrats, Republicans and indies.
* Pew shows 56% of Republicans objecting to “too much coverage” of Trayvon Martin killing. That’s interesting, since it’s just now being officially investigated.
Full-scale blogging to resume shortly.