It’s raining cats and dogs in Central Cali today. Perfect blogging weather. Here are some warm, dry snacks:
* Newark Mayor Corey Booker rescues neighbor from burning house, reports to hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation and burns. Wow. Funniest comment, from a Tweet: “In response, Chris Christie rescues a pizza from a burning oven.”
* Failed satellite launch will cost North Korea estimated billion smackers. Good thing they can afford it.
* Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin chased by bears raiding his bird-feeders. Don’t want to mess with bears hungry enough to eat bird seed, Guv.
* Poll shows lonely UT Democratic Rep. Jim Matheson narrowly leading potential GOP opponents.
* Since Romney Camp forgot to break out champagne to toast anniversary of RomneyCare, Obama campaign did it for them. Very courteous gesture, eh?
And in non-political news:
* Angst in Red Sox Nation starts early this year.
Back before long for the week’s stretch drive.