Resisting the temptation to go ahead and eat lunch with you East-Coasters. But a snack’s okay:
* New Gallup poll shows support for legalized same-sex marriage at 50% (with 48% opposed), down slightly from last year. Partisan polarization on issue continues to increase, and indies support legalization 57-40.
* IN polls still open, but Eric Cantor distancing self from Lugar even though his Young Guns group backing the doomed incumbent.
* Another PPP poll of Veep possible’s home-state impact shows Rob Portman on ticket cuts Obama lead in OH from 50-43 all the way down to 49-44. Another data point for Mr. Excitement.
* RNC Hispanic outreach director says Romney still “deciding what his position on immigration is.” Way too much honesty there.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer explores money-hemorrhaging world of Rutgers athletics.
And in non-political news:
* Mad Men paid quarter-mil for rights to play Beatles’ “Tomorrow Never Knows” in latest episode. Proud I recognized cover of Revolver immediately from distant shot.
Be back after a short break.