I’m on the hospital vending machine diet at present, but there are, after the sleepy weekend, some news treats:
* Rep. Thaddeus McCotter–the man, the legend–bumped from August primary ballot due to insufficient petitions; will run for re-election as write-in candidate.
* It’s always something: birthers shifting attention to Obama’s college transcripts.
* Other shoe drops: Corey Booker’s communications director resigns.
* Think you’re having a bad year? Sen. Mark Kirk, recovering from stroke, is accused by ex-wife of breaking campaign finance laws with girlfriend.
* Story of our lives: U.S. manufacturing up, real wages down.
And in non-political news:
CNN asks: What’s a realistic retirement age? I’ve been figuring it’ll be the age on my tombstone.
Back in just a while.