Well, there’s nothing like an underwhelming Jobs Report to remind you to take nutrition when you can get it. So I hope you are, and here are some news tapas to accompany your meal:
* Taylor Marsh goes to an April transcript to cast more light on exactly how little regard Rand Paul has for any constitutional theory of civil rights.
* William Kristol lofts stupid Romney-Rice trial balloon. How many times can one man be so completely wrong?
* Speaking of stupid things and people, House GOP unveils “Repeal of ObamaCare Act” which says exactly zero about what would replace it.
* Rove’s Crossroads GPS announces $25 million ad buy in nine states attacking Obama on economy.
* Headline in ABC account on Romney press event refers to Kick In The Gut Jobs Numbers, without quotation marks. Nice journalistic objectivity there.
And in non-political news:
* Tip sheet on how to deal with extreme summer weather includes: “Avoid the Sun” and “Water Is Your Friend.” This is the sort of hard-hitting news-you-can-use we are all looking for.
Back in a few.