Another day, another set of temptations to make small campaign events Big News. But in this post, I only pretend to talk about small things, which are sometimes actually big things:
* Brother Steve Benen concludes that “repeal and reverse” is indeed the GOP’s health care agenda.
* Greg Sargent thinks Romney is beginning to lose the economy argument with voters.
* At TNR, Jon Cohn emphasizes the stupidity of GOP governors opposing Medicaid expansion, and yours truly suggests it may be about ambitions for higher office in a GOP where you can’t get too far right.
* Jamal Abdi suggests systematic discrimination against Iranian-Americans, even at Apple Stores.
And in non-political news:
* Researchers say shifty eyes not a sign of lying, People can stare right into the cameras, unwaveringly, and lie right through their teeth, doncha know.
The weekend is growing nigh, and I need it. But one more day of fun political talk! Let’s tee it up with the Music Machine’s “Talk Talk” from somewhere deep in the 60s.