Thanks to yesterday’s commenter who explained Brunswick Stew to yankees. But the pot of the stuff is still sitting in my fridge. Is it my imagination it’s glowing a bit? Anyway, here are some safe lunchtime treats:
* Don’t know why PARADE is trumpeting a “preview” of an “exclusive” interview w/ Poppy and Barb, but they sure seem excited about it.
* That fine governor of Maine, Paul LePage, says Supreme Court decision on Medicaid expansion means state is liberated from existing Medicaid rules as well.
* Ezra Klein offers 14 reasons current Congress may be worst ever.
* TNR’s Nate Cohn says only scenario where Romney/Rice makes sense is one in which he’s running badly behind. Still wouldn’t happen, though.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports on demise of shady Illinois program that let legislators hand out scholarships as pure patronage.
And in non-political news:
* Profiles in chutzpah: Former lover of Long Island cop sues county for failing to keep him from having sex with her while on-duty.
Back in just a while.