The morning really flew by, which happens when your posts get longer. But here are some small plates:
* Salon‘s Alex Seitz-Wald explodes Michele Bachmann’s latest Islamo-phobic witch hunt.
* DISCLOSE Act succumbs to Senate filibuster as Republicans continue to reject their prior support for maximum donor disclosure.
* Pew shows continued strong plurality support for higher taxes on those with incomes over $250k.
* PPP survey shows Obama still up in Iowa, but with half the double-digit lead he had in May.
* At Ten Miles Square, John Sides suggests Obama’s may be beginning to buy overselling of the power of the bully pulpit.
And in non-political news:
* In new memoir, Michael Vick admits dog-fighting became more important to him than football.
Back in a few.