News day that began with hard election results seems to be ending in competing photo-ops at every Chick-fil-A in America. Hurry Sunday. Meanwhile, here are some non-fried news nuggets:
* Quintessentially dumb “Don’t Tax Olympic Medals” meme is spreading like wildfire on Right.
* Friedman suggests whole Romney appearance in Israel could have been staged in Adelson’s Vegas.
* Pushback to Tax Policy Center analysis of Romney tax proposals not very focused on facts.
* At Ten Miles Square, Brendan Doherty documents that every president since at least Reagan has spent disproportionate time in battleground states.
* At College Guide, Minjae Park notes that “skills mismatch” talk ignores severe drop in job opportunities.
And in non-political news:
* Decennial poll of critics shows Vertigo displacing Citizen Kane as greatest flick of them all for the first time since 1952.
My main immediate goal is to catch up on sleep lost via late PDT return home last night. But Olympics coverage still beckons.