Without wheels today, and thus will have interesting combo platter lunch of whatever I can scrounge. Here’s some assorted news:
* OMG, still another shooting: two Louisiana deputy sheriffs killed, two injured; looks like assault rifle used in at least one shooting.
* Weekly Standard‘s Daniel Halper sees Biden and HRC on Oval Office schedule, gets excited about possible purge of Biden. I honestly don’t know why conservatives are so addicted to this ludicrous meme.
* Kirsten Powers claims Gen-Xers flocking to Paul Ryan banner, based on some Zogby poll. Haven’t seen a Zogby poll quoted as legitimate in years.
* TNR’s Tim Noah mocks claims of PA Republican-appointed judge that voter ID law was not based on partisan motives.
* Uninhibited wingnut Steve King says he’ll have direct line to Oval Office via his close friend Paul Ryan.
And in non-political news:
* Student staff of University of Georgia Red & Black newspaper walks out, citing board/faculty editorial interference.
Back in just a bit.