Very happy to be getting to the end of the two Convention Weeks. Blogging (even with long break) from 8:00 AM EDT to after midnight not good for the body, mind or soul. But at least there’s news, if often redundant news. Here are some midday items:
* Gallup tracking poll shows Obama job approval up to 52%, highest since bump after killing of Osama bin Laden. Obama also opens small 48/45 horse-race lead.
* I only mention this because conservatives have made such a big deal out of their alleged Twitter domination: Obama’s acceptance speech generated largest political surge in tweeting ever.
* Romney campaign launches 15 new ads in 8 states. None are on welfare, I’m glad to see.
* Todd Akin ad buy canceled because station not paid, but Akin says check’s in the mail.
* In case anyone was wondering: yeah, Clint Eastwood really was just winging it out there in Tampa.
And in non-political news:
* Long-time NFL owner Art Modell, praised by his peers and still reviled in Cleveland, dies at 87.
Back in just a few.