Pretty slow news day unless you really like polls. Still, here are some mid-day morsels:
* Dylan Mathews of Wonkblog has a Made EZ take on the Chicago Teachers Strike.
* Todd Akin says things going “incredibly well” with campaign, no way he’ll drop out. We’ll see.
* PPP shows Sherrod Brown maintaining 8-point lead over Josh Mandel (who has poor favorability numbers) in Ohio Senate race.
* In Gallup tracking poll, Obama job approval stays at 50% and lead over Romney is 50-44.
* Team Mitt broadcasting confidence he will “win” debates. Of course they’ll say he won even if he shows up drunk and passes out.
And in non-political news:
* Rich get richer: L.A. jury awards Steve Wynn $20 million in damages in slander suit against Joe Francis.
Back in just a few.