My visiting relatives are watching a lot of MSNBC when we’re not sight-seeing. Hope this doesn’t give me irrational exuberance about political trends. In any event, here’s some mid-day news sustenance:
* John Sides will appear on MSNBC’s The Cycle today at 3:00 EDT to discuss his Washington Monthly article on presidential debates.
* Pennsylvania officials try to salvage voter ID law in face of second review by courts, relaxing requirements for securing ID.
* As expected, DeMint and Santorum rejoin Todd Akin bandwagon, but NRSC has said “it’s done.”
* More from the parallel universe: Gingrich compares Obama to NFL replacement refs, says he’s “not a real president.”
* Crumbs from the polling table: an analysis of why Romney may win North Carolina.
And in non-political news:
* Andy Williams dies at 84.
Back in a bit.