A day of political jockeying and spinning, for the most part, which is why I focused to a considerable extent on strategic issues affecting the election.
But here are a few news leftovers:
* Bibi’s crude graphics on Iranian nuclear threat at U.N. inspires mockery from pundits, but lights up Twitter.
* Todd Akin continues efforts to maximize Missouri gender gap by suggesting Claire McCaskill not “ladylike.”
* Religion Dispatch‘s Sarah Posner notes GOP efforts (with ecclesiastical help) to “wedge” Catholics in their column seem to have failed.
* At Ten Miles Square, Michael Kinsley compares Mitt Romney’s campaign to Mike Dukakis’.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer shows that student loan debt is a particular disaster for poorer families.
And in non-political news:
* Curiosity Rover finds “definitive proof” that water once existed on Mars.
Back tomorrow to end the week and start getting read for the presidential debates.