Five weeks until Election Day. Sounds like an eternity now, but time will fly when we are not having fun. Here are some news remainders from a relatively slow day:
* Early voting begins in Ohio, despite continued doubts about whether state GOP officials can be forced by the courts to let it continue until November 6.
* Joshua Tucker explains the Georgian election results at The Monkey Cage.
* Ari Berman supplies the good news about judicial actions to block voter suppression efforts around the country.
* At Ten Miles Square, John Sides provides dramatic evidence that post-debate news coverage has a bigger impact on public perceptions than debates themselves.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer evaluates Arne Duncan’s imprecise promise to do something about college tuition increases if Obama is re-elected.
And in non-political news:
* CNN profiles luxury religious retreats. Jesus wept.
Back tomorrow for more political hijinks, and live-blogging of the presidential debate.