Truth be told, we’re all just waiting for tomorrow night’s second presidential debate, even though it shouldn’t much matter unless Mitt Romney breaks down and confesses he’s tired of his multiple political personalities.
But here are some final items of this day, consequential or not:
* For some reason, Pew is issuing a “second debate expectations” poll with Obama still rated most likely winner but by a reduced 41/37 margin.
* Statewide candidate in Pennsylvania calls on supporters to form “Christian Army.”
* At WaPo, Jamelle Bouie explodes the silly argument that African-American supporters of Barack Obama are racists.
* At Ten Miles Square, Harold Pollack asks an obvious but rarely uttered question: why not broaden the tax base without reducing rates?
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer notes U.S. businesses not willing to pay more for the “highly-skilled workers” they claim they need.
And in non-political news:
* Impossible to resist: photo of Hunter Thompson shaving Johnny Depp’s head for appearance in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
I’m storing up some Big Think pieces for tomorrow’s run-up to the debate. And Lord help me, yes, I’ll be live-blogging that sucker.