It’s my wedding anniversary day, but both my wife and I are working (in her case, into the evening). Since I couldn’t do this gig or much of anything else without her, I will be thinking about her when strictly speaking I should be staring at polls or something. Here’s to Dawn (who had a chocolate anniversary cake laid out for me when I arose at 4:45 AM PDT):
And here’s some mid-day news bites, none tasty as chocolate:
* Guess who just flatly asserted that Romney won last night’s debate? (Hint: his name rhymes with “Sick Forest.”).
* New Romney ad shows woman learning the Moderate Truth about Mitt’s positions on abortion and contraception. A real howler.
* Greg Sargent has the back-story on Mitt’s “binders full of women” in Massachusetts.
* Brother Benen notes very positive signs from housing industry (another subject unmentioned last night).
* Larry King to moderate debate next week (to be broadcast via internet) among presidential candidates of Libertarian, Green, Constitution, and Justice Parties.
And in non-political news:
* Punchless Bronx Bombers face elimination from MLB post-season tonight.
Back after some chores.