Don’t know if you have the day off, but if you are a veteran, you should. Here are some mid-day morsels for those at work or at home alike:
* Long, long Lizza piece on GOP’s “Hispanic problem” through the lens of Texas Republicans.
* Ari Berman’s brief on why we still need Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act.
* Ezra Klein pens an “honor roll” of those who got election right.
* Nate Silver has useful state-by-state chart on turnout as of this morning; PA only sorta-battleground state where turnout almost certainly down from 2008.
* Petraeus scandal and resignation came at really bad time in terms of intelligence operations, says NYT’s David Sanger.
And in non-political news:
* Election of Justin Welby as new Archbishop of Canterbury continues tradition of alternation between Anglo-Catholic and Evangelical wings of Anglican Communion.
Back to blogging in a reasonably short time.