An odd day of waiting for scandal shoes to drop, and distracted partisan spinners to figure out how it affected their spin. Here are some leftovers:
* Don’t look now, but Buffalo News offers first presidential endorsement of 2016 cycle, for HRC.
* Gawker publishes the inevitable chart of the cast of five characters in the Petraeus “Love Pentagon.” Seems there is less than meets the eye the more you read about it.
* WaPo columnist Courtland Milloy goes out to Virginia exurbs to discuss exceptionally pale nature of GOP voting coalition with gunshop owner.
* At Ten Miles Square, Henry Farrell sorts out the different motives in election predictions by pollsters, pundits and hacks.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer argues that surival of need-blind admissions policies depends on thriftier college spending.
And in non-political news:
* UFCW strike at California’s Nob Hill/Raley grocery chain ends with agreement after just nine days.
And to be selfish, I can walk to the grocery store again!