A real cats-and-dogs day for bloggers. And the random news continues:
* Louie Gohmert does it again: nominates Newt Gingrich to become Speaker in closed House GOP Caucus vote.
* Fed signals post-Operation Twist bond-buying program, citing need for growth boost.
* In call to donors, Mitt Romney blames defeat on Obama’s “gifts” to targeted constituencies. Ugh.
* Anti-austerity strikes and protests sweep across Europe.
* At Ten Miles Square, John Sides offers nifty chart on state divergences from the national swing between 2008 and 2012 presidential percentages. Turns out Alaska had the largest pro-Obama swing. Who knew?
And in non-political news:
* Channing Tatum named People‘s 2012 “Sexiest Man Alive.” Never heard of him.
Back tomorrow with, I profoundly hope, more news. And if that fails, I’m ready to start writing about upcoming “struggle for the soul” of the Donkey Party.