Many readers, I assume, are already gearing down for the Thanksgiving Weekend, but for those who need a few more news jolts, here you go:
* Here’s Jeffey Toobin’s succinct report on the prospects for–and limited extent of–filibuster reform.
* Good news for The Macker: Sen. Mark Warner not running for his old job as Governor of Virginia in 2013.
* Effort to authorize women as Bishops in Church of England narrowly fails thanks to conservative evangelical opposition.
* At Ten Miles Square, Austin Frakt points out that Obamacare will reduce the incentive for people to postpone retirement which is one of the rationales cited for raise Medicare eligibility age.
And in non-political news:
* List of 10 U.S. housing markets with the most residential vacancies.
Hate that. Here’s commentary from Iggy Pop, performing “Home” in Paris (not family-friendly language, but very family-friendly message!).
Speaking of family, I’m traveling tomorrow to Georgia for Thanksgiving, so posting may be a bit funky time-wise. I’ll be getting help from Ryan Cooper and perhaps others.