As I warned might happen, we had some publication-timing issues with posts this morning (mainly because Movable Type’s “schedule” function works strictly when it wants), so sorry about that. As you might imagine, this is a slow pre-holiday news day in any event. But here’s what I’m able to serve up from here at the Denver International Airport:
* Hamas/Israel cease-fire announced by Egypt (with HRC present) despite heightened tensions over Tel Aviv bus bombing.
* In home-town op-ed, Boehner vows to continue efforts to “repeal” Obamacare via congressional obstruction. Think stopping this crap should be on the table in the fiscal talks?
* Event held at White House to acknowledge Transgendered Day of Remembrance for victims of hate crimes. Sorta doubt that would have happened had Romney won on November 6.
* Krugman calls Republican intellectuals and pundits who “seem” open to change: “professional seemers.”
* New exotic sport: Romney-spotting
And in non-political news:
* Grinnell basketball player scores 138 points in a single game. Hit 27 (in 71 attempts!) treys..
Back after a flight status check.