Happy to finish up a 13th post in time for a good post-jet-lag nap, and then maybe that Dexter episode I fell asleep during last night. Here are some final items of the day:
* Final contested House seat awarded to incumbent Democrat Mike McIntyre of NC, giving Dems a net gain of 8 seats in 2012.
* Depressing WaPo Style Section piece on increasing reliance of local news programs on canned “national” coverage.
* Fascinating Erick Erickson post on incestuous relationships of RNC, Romney campaign, Super-Pacs/501(c)(4)s, and campaign consultants. Seriously, pop some popcorn and read it.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein explains again why a “talking filibuster” rule could be worse for the majority than the minority.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports that Rick Scott is emulating Rick Perry’s bad “cheap degree” proposal, which means nothing if costs are just shifted to other schools.
And in non-political news:
* NASA announces Messenger probe has found evidence of ice on Mercury. Guess a snowball might have a chance in Hell.