Had gone several hours without thinking about the SEC championship game when I called my local pharmacy and the woman who answered the phone–another Georgia expat–asked me if I’d “gotten over the mourning period for the Dawgs.” She clearly hadn’t. Oh well. Here are some mid-day news-and-views treats:
* TAP’s Paul Waldman reports on Ashley Judd’s possible challenge to Mitch McConnell in 2014.
* PPP survey shows Saxby Chambliss vulnerable to right-wing primary challenge, but leading the most-named challengers comfortably.
* Pew survey shows public almost twice as likely to blame congressional Republicans as Obama if fiscal talks fail to produce agreement by year’s end.
* Elizabeth Warren tapped for spot on Senate Banking Committee. Fun fun.
And in non-political news:
* Painful details on Jovan Belcher murder-suicide emerge.
Back after some domestic chores.