Despite the sparse political news, and the realization that a big chunk of the PA readership is just checked out until January, it’s good to be back home with the iMac trying to make sense of what’s happening. Here are some mid-day leftovers from the Holiday table:
* Luntz says NRA “not listening” to public reaction to the Newtown massacre. I do believe, Frank, that the gun lobby views its job as shaping, not reacting to, public opinion.
* Ornstein reminds GOPers that Speaker doesn’t have to be an actual member of the House.
* Wonkbook’s Suzy Khimm explains why failure to enact a Farm Bill could produce $8 per gallon milk prices.
* TAP’s Paul Waldman offers succinct summary of momentous 2012 developments in health care policy.
* Climate-change denialism takes another hit in wake of Xmas tornados.
And in non-political news:
* University of California’s Feline Genetics Lab unveils Cat Ancestry Test using DNA samples.
Back in a bit. But here’s another version of this morning’s Daylight Video song, this time by The Bangles: