* Daniel Drezner makes the abundantly good point that if holding the debt limit hostage is a bad idea now, it will be a bad idea a few months down the road.
* Buzzfeed‘s Ben Smith reports that the insane theory the administration engineered the Newtown massacre to build support for gun regulation is going viral in the wingnutosphere.
* Gallup finds 61% of self-identified Republicans favor abolition of the Electoral College. This should be reported to GOP pols trying to keep the College and then rig it.
* Paul Krugman argues federal deficits won’t be a serious problem for decades–unless we fail to take actions to spur economic recovery.
* Mickey Kaus shows signs of getting obsessive about bashing Ezra Klein. Methinks this will turn out about as well for Mickey as his Senate campaign.
* Former New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin indicted on 21 corruption charges.
And in non-political news:
* Chinese e-commerce billionaire steps down from CEO position because he’s “too old” to run internet-focused business at 48. This makes me laugh bitterly.
Back to blogging after my bitter laughter subsides.