Got a bit behind this afternoon trying to divine the Israeli election returns, but am back on track to spend a few hours in uninterrupted sniffling and sneezing. Here are some remains of the day:
* TPM’s McMorris-Santoro reports on Ken Cuccinelli’s comparison of himself to MLK in his opposition to the contraception coverage mandate. Yeah, Cuccinelli’s really had a tough life of persecution, hasn’t he?
* Reid gives McConnell another 36 hours to agree to deal on filibuster rules or face unilateral imposition of new rules via “constitutional option.” Details of what either change would involve remain murky.
* Ron Kirk steps down as U.S. Trade Representative, a Cabinet-level position.
* At Ten Miles Square, Sarah Binder discusses Ezra Klein’s idea that expanded use of discharge petitions in House could create way around the Hastert Rule.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports Rick Santorum is at it again, attacking alleged higher ed hostility to his idea of Christianity.
And in non-political news:
* Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams producing “Influenza Sorbet” that includes “a blend of honey, ginger, orange juice, lemon juice, cayenne pepper and Maker’s Mark bourbon.” Yeah, that’s what I need.
To close, here’s some more vintage Curved Air, with “It Happened Today.” Classic Old Hippie fare!