It’s been a relatively quiet morning political-news-wise. But here’s what I got in the way of mid-day items:
* Politico‘s Dylan Byers offers a mixed-bag review of the newly relaunched New Republic.
* Alabama GOP congressman introduces constitutional amendment making failure to balance federal budget an impeachable offense for presidents.
* Barone sets up then burns down straw man of Republican “annihilation.”
* Boys Scouts may end ban on gay scouts and scout leaders as early as next week. Atta-boys.
* Michelle Malkin goes wordily postal on GOP involvement in new Senate “shamnesty” proposal.
And in non-political news:
* Sporting News ranks all 46 Super Bowls in terms of fan appeal.
Back after some quick work on a book review.