Straw man furiously burning on Fox News right now: allowing women into combat roles means they may someday be drafted!
Here are some mid-day news-and-views morsels:
* Example of why late editing a good idea: WaPo reports upcoming book from VA gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli includes language very similar to Romney’s “47%” gaffe.
* National Review editors break w/ Rubio, oppose comprehensive immigration reform, partly on grounds that GOP will never win Latino vote.
* At The Atlantic, Conor Friedersdorf gives conservatives very low scores on their comprehension of popular culture.
* Slate‘s Dave Weigel gives Chuck Hagel low scores on his handling of predictable questions in early phase of his confirmation hearings.
* TNR’s Jonathan Cohn argues for smarter gun regulations based on better knowledge of gun markets and weapon technology.
And in non-political news:
* All Nippon Airlines suing Boeing for costs associated with grounding of 787s.
Back after some household chores.