Another one of those days when news starts briskly and then decelerates to Kabuki slow-mo. Here are some leftovers from today’s offerings:
* Obama suggests a small, not grand, deficit deal to postpone sequesters.
* State Rep. Dan Winslow appears willing to fall on sword so that Republicans can have Senate candidate in special election.
* WaPo’s Greg Sargent notes no sign of GOP “makeover” on three big issues facing Congress.
* At Ten Miles Square, Seth Masket doubts Hollywood has that many lessons to teach Washington.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer generally reviews the job market for lawyers and its impact on law school enrollments.
And in non-political news:
* Former banker and oil executive Justin Welby confirmed as 105th Archbishop of Canterbury.
Had some trouble coming up with a family-friendly King Missile tune to match this morning’s entry. But here the strange boys are with a cover of the Beatles’ “We Can Work It Out.”