I’m planning to live-blog the SOTU tonight (it begins at 9:00 EST), so will follow my usual Hard Day’s Night practice of knocking off regular blogging a bit early this afternoon. Here are some mid-day news bites of various sizes and flavors:
* Anonymous threatening to block all web-based livestreaming of SOTU.
* WaPo blogger falls for Daily Currant snark “reporting” Sarah Palin taking gig with Al Jazeera.
* Massachusetts GOPers finally get a Senate candidate: former Navy SEAL Gabriel Gomez.
* Labour opens up twelve-point lead over Tories–largest in a decade–in Guardian/ICM poll of UK.
* North Korean nuclear test widely viewed as showing defiance of China.
And in non-political news:
* Four Alabama football bench players arrested on robbery and credit card fraud charges; cynics suggest magical solution to team’s chronic oversigning problems.
Back after an actual lunch break.