Well, thank God for Republican self-evaluations, such as they are, or I would have struggled to find much to write about today. Here are some final bites from the bottom of the cookie jar:
* Politico‘s David Rogers looks into why John McCain so decisively turned against Hagel, and confirms it’s all about Lindsey!
* Jonathan Bernstein mulls Senate retirement patterns.
* Mississippi gets around to ratifying the 13th Amendment!
* At Ten Miles Square, Harold Pollack talks to Jonathan Cohn about health reform.
* At College Guide, Naomi Schaefer Riley argues today’s college admissions essays help make kids “stupid and selfish.”
And in non-political news:
* Average U.S. gasoline prices have risen for 32 consecutive days.
To close this Presidents’ Day/Washington’s Birthday, here are the Presidents of the United States of America again performing “Volcano.”