It was one of those days where you suspect bigger news was obscured by the supernova of one Big Story. We’ll just have to wait and see. Here are some late-breaking items and other remains of the day:
* Brennan confirmed by a 63-34 vote after Paul formally ends filibuster, citing Holder letter as sufficient clarification on domestic use of drones.
* Obama signs VAWA reauthorization; Republicans scurry for bipartisan cover.
* New Q-Poll 2016 trial heat shows HRC beating Rubio and Ryan by double digits, and leading heretic Christie by eight points.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein discusses the current muddled status of filibusters of judicial nominations.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer suggests the exceptional compensation of athletic directors shows many colleges’ true priorities.
And in non-political news:
* Early spring break: thousands of sharks seen cavorting off Atlantic shore of South Florida; beaches closed.
To close the day, here again is Haim, performing “Don’t Save Me” at BBC Radio 1.