So the Royals still haven’t named the new prince. If you missed Paul Glatris’ post this morning soliciting some American suggestions, check it out now and chip in. I’m pretty much undecided between Tupac and Tommy Lee.
Here are some final items of the day, mostly ridiculous rather than sublime:
* Reading headline “Rep. King is New Hampshire bound,” I wondered: Who would be worse? Steve or Peter? ‘Twas the latter, for now at least.
* Pop some popcorn and check out Ralph Hallows’ account of war between Rand Paul and the neocons.
* At Ten Miles Square, Gregory Koger looks at long odds against successful rebranding of GOP via an immigration bill.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer notes new Purdue University president Mitch Daniels seems to be struggling with the concept of academic freedom.
And in non-political news:
* Mama Bear needs park ranger’s help to extricate Baby Bear from a dumpster. Most adorable local news bear story ever.
That’s it for today. We’ll close with my favorite song from Jerry Garcia’s eponymous 1972 album: “The Wheel.” If the thunder don’t get you then the lightning will. And ain’t it the truth, more often than not.