We published WaMo’s “Best Bang for the Buck” rankings of colleges on Friday, but can now offer profiles of some of the “standout” schools. Check it out.
Here are some final items of the day–the first two being significant and potentially ominous:
* Kerry says chemical weapons use by Assad regime “undeniable” and a “moral obscenity,” in major indication administration is weighing direct U.S. intervention in Syria.
* Treasury Secretary Lew sends letter to congressional leaders notifying them that debt limit will be breached in mid-October.
* Palestinians call off the day’s peace talks after Israeli troops kill three in West Bank clash.
* At Ten Miles Square, Keith Humphreys notes incarceration rates for African-American (declining) and white (rising) women converging.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer argues for focus on public colleges in dealing with student loan debt.
And in sorta non-political news:
* Losses as The Daily Beast could reach $12 million this year.
That’s it for the day. Here’s Sully Dunn’s anti-college song from this year’s America’s Got Talent.