I’m in Georgia the next three days, and have just refreshed my memory of the 24-7 insanity of Atlanta traffic, which makes this Lunch Buffet regrettably late.
Here are some mid-afternoon news/views items:
* As scheduled, the Senate rejected the latest House-passed CR on a party-line vote.
* Just in time to supply some context for the GOP appropriations strategy, new poll shows only one-third of Americans favoring defunding, delay or repeal of Affordable Care Act. So much for “America demanding” one of these course of action.
* Dow finally reacts to likelihood of government shutdown by dropping like a rock today.
* CNN’s famous HRC documentary has been canceled, not (it is claimed) because of the RNC’s threats to deny 2016 debate sponsorship, but because the Clinton political “family” wasn’t cooperating. Whatever.
* DOJ to sue North Carolina over new voter ID law.
And in non-political news:
* Apple passes Coke as world’s “most valuable brand.”
Here’s some more Calamity Music with Tom Petty performing “Free Fallin.’”