I’m really fascinated by the possible Revolt of the Old Folks against the GOP, given the special importance of this demographic in midterm elections. There’s another data point on the subject in our remainders of the day:
* Supplemental data from new CNN/ORC poll shows Democrats’ 9-point advantage in generic congressional poll actually expands to 11 points among voters over 50. Whoa.
* A peek behind the $13 billion Justice Department settlement with J.P. Morgan.
* Kasich effort to end-run legislature to secure Medicaid expansion running into furious conservative resistance.
* Wave of future? Chinese city of Harbin posts highest possible Air Quality Index score of 500 amid “airpocalypse.”
* At Ten Miles Square, Keith Humphreys explains why Washington State probably won’t reach expectations of new revenues from legal marijuana.
And in non-political news:
* For second time in a week, a sea-serpent-like 14-foot oarfish washes up on California beach.
That’s it for today, kids. In our final musical tribute to HUAC, here’s Phil Ochs singing about another victim of the Blacklist (and its eventual conquerer in court) in “The Ballad of John Henry Faulk.”