Trying to avoid dipping into the Halloween treat basket which went untouched last night. Like I said, not a lot of kids in my neighborhood, though lots of folks fully into their second childhoods.
Here are some midday news/views treats from various baskets:
* Here we go again: man with rifle shooting people–including TSA agents–at LAX. He’s been apprehended, but no clear news on casualties or motive.
* Pew reports big split between Tea- and Non-Tea Republicans on existence of global warming.
* NBC/WSJ survey finds Tea Party Republicans more favorable towards party than non-Tea GOpers. More about that later.
* Second Circuit Court of Appeals stays district court ruling banning NYPD’s Stop-and-Frisk policy, orders new hearing with different district court judge because of alleged partiality of judge involved.
* Initial numbers show vast majority of October Obamacare enrollees signed up for Medicaid.
And in sorta non-political news:
* Yelp reviewers sue for compensation. Scribblers of all nations, unite!
As we break for lunch, here’s another “saintly” song from Tom Waits (as suggested this morning by commenter Eric Wilde): “Hang on St. Christopher,” recorded in 1987.