Blogging may continue to be a bit erratic today and tomorrow due to the usual chores associated with a memorial service (which will be Friday; Ryan and company will again be subbing for me then), but we’ll try to keep PA in the road.
Here are some midday news/views items:
* Obama talks about inequality in forceful push for minimum wage increase. More about this later.
* Ryan and Murray allegedly close to bipartisan budget agreement. I’ll believe it when I see it.
* Daily enrollment numbers for Healthcare.gov beginning to become impressive.
* GOPers try to talk about impeaching the president without using the term.
* TNR’s Isaac Chotiner pans the latest empty “big foreign policy speech” by Marco Rubio.
And in non-political news:
* Bama fan allegedly shoots another Bama fan to death because the victim insufficiently upset over Iron Bowl finish. Totally unsurprising to SEC fans.
As we break for lunch and another round of phone calls to friends and relatives, here’s some more from Mozart’s Requiem: