Want to know how slow a news day it was? Newt Gingrich’s tweeted demand that John Kerry (or “Kerrey” as he initially spelled it) resign as Secretary of State for saying climate change is as big a threat to global security as terrorism or poverty got big play everywhere. Ugh.
Here are some remains picked from the bones of the news day:
* Ted Cruz says Obama “hostile to traditional marriage.” That’s interesting, since he’s been in one for more than two decades.
* Ukrainian police attack protesters in Kiev; 13 dead so far.
* With excellent timing (two leading members of Pussy Riot were arrested in Sochi today on dubious grounds), Buzzfeed’s Miriam Elder pens long profile of the protest-performance-art group’s current status, arguing that Putin’s divide-and-conquer tactics towards the group are working.
* Votes still not there for extension of “private option” Medicaid expansion in Arkansas House.
* At College Guide, Michael Krupnick reports colleges finally improving assistance to students with learning disabilities.
And in non-political news:
* Jim Fallon’s Tonight Show debut draws 2 million more viewers than Conan O’Brien’s in 2009.
That’s it for the day. Here’s one more classic ode to creative frustration, Loudon Wainwright III’s “Muse Blues.”