You gotta hand it to Alec Baldwin for getting a huge buzz by announcing he’s “leaving public life.” Donald Trump should try it.
Here are some remains of the day:
* John Kerry calls for repeal of Ugandan “anti-homosexuality” law.
* Our friend Blue Girl reviews an Al Gore speech in Kansas City, and mourns what might have been.
* At Ten Miles Square, Keith Humphreys offers a useful meditation on the perils of second-hand (or third-hand or fourth-hand) knowledge.
* At College Guide, Sarah Butrymowicz reports on the “good and bad” of Australia’s experiments with family-punitive school truancy policies.
And in non-political news:
* Comedy writing legend Harold Ramis dies at 69 of rare blood disease.
That’s it for the day. Here’s Victoria Spivey one more time, with her early hit “Blood Thirsty Blues.”