Seems like every other person I know has gotten sick this week. Maybe if the weather improves we can all transition to Spring Fever.
Here are some midday prescriptions for news/views literacy:
* Google researchers report upsurge in state-sponsored hacking of accounts held by news organizations, journalists, and even–yikes!–bloggers.
* Gallup survey shows Alabama leading states where highest percentage of citizens report struggling with cost of health care and medicines.
* Bizarre #CancelColbert twitter-war erupts after Stephen Colbert did segment mocking Daniel Snyder’s efforts to show sensitivity to Native Americans. Get a grip.
* Our own weekend blogger Kathleen Geier has an alarming piece about the under-reported story of wage-fixing in Silicon Valley.
* Update on Jerry Brown’s love affair with an unpopular high-speed rail project.
And in non-political news:
* Turns out Wednesday is the best day to go grocery shopping due to overlapping sales. Who knew?
As we break for lunch, here’s W.C. Handy’s “Ole Miss Rag,” as performed in 1917.