Sorry for getting a little bit behind schedule, but spent a lot of time looking for new stuff in the BobbyCare proposal that turned out not to be there.
Here are some less shadowy midday news/views nuggets:
* The Hill‘s Berman and Becker point out that the 3.0 Ryan Budget will be his last, since the term-limited Budget Committee chair is set on chairing Ways & Means next year.
* Mideast peace talks teetering on brink of collapse as Palestinian Authority makes “surprising” applications to international organizations as sovereign state.
* At SacBee Markos Kournalakis reminds us that an unstable Turkey is playing an increasingly pivotal role in NATO.
* TNR’s Alec MacGillis accuses SCOTUS majority of “stunning chutzpah” in McCutcheon decision.
* Prospect‘s Paul Waldman suggests that Ryan’s reiteration of Medicare proposal exposes Republican hypocrisy towards the program all over again.
And in non-political news:
* Netflix/Amazon content battle accelerates with Amazon’s acquisition of 24 sequel.
As we break for lunch, here’s more Bobby Blue Bland with “Ain’t No Love in the Heart of the City.”