Trying to develop some enthusiasm for the men’s Final Four, but may just watch temporarily available premium cable this weekend.
Here are some untelevised midday news/views items:
* Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), with his usual disdain for the zeitgeist, calls for a congressional pay raise.
* At the Prospect, David Dayen notes big banks are enjoying EZ borrowing terms thanks to implicit promise of bailouts if they fail.
* Raz daily tracking poll gives Obama net positive approval rating.
* Number of new Medicaid enrollees since Obamacare launch pegged at 3 million.
And in non-political news:
* Deion Sanders says Johnny Manzeil has “ghetto tendencies” that NFL won’t like.
As we break for lunch, here’s Muddy Waters performing “Hoochie Coochie Man” at Newport in 1960.