Looks like I will finally drag myself to the doctor and figure out why I have the Galloping Never-Get-Overs. But it shouldn’t interfere with blogging.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Freshman Republican congressman from Louisiana Vance McAllistar, a (needless to say) married Christian conservative family-values pol, is caught on security cameras in his own district office smooching on what appears to be a very young female staffer. Time to call Sen. Vitter for advice!
* Joan Walsh really, really didn’t like Jonathan Chait’s big rambling piece on race and politics.
* Breitbart California launched. Just what we need out here.
* At Ten Miles Square, Anne Kim details what we know about the long-term unemployed.
* Also at Ten Miles Square, Moira Campion McConaghy explains how a reformed version of “earmarks” might be better than today’s “steermarks.”
And in non-political news:
* Mickey Rooney dies at 93. He made his first film appearance in 1926. Wow.
Okay, as Sister Rosetta Tharpe would put it, “That’s All.”