Don’t know whether it’s the antibiotics or the cough syrup, but I feel remarkably better today, at least so far. Thanks to my friend John for suggesting I should seek treatment for possible bronchitis.
Here are some healthy midday news/views items:
* Much freaking out right now about the Heartbleed problem with internet security. Be forewarned.
* Boehner weeps at Taco Bell Foundation event about contributions of Boys and Girls Clubs. Wish he’d emote more about the long-term unemployed.
* Jeb Bush getting a lot of flack from House Republicans for most recent comments on immigration.
* Big shocker: Israeli government says it’s “deeply disappointed” with Kerry for SecState’s remarks on Israeli government’s sabotaging of peace talks.
* Mike Tomasky notes RNC staffer’s descent into “gibberish” when trying to explain GOP pay equity position on MSNBC.
And in non-political news:
* U.S. not responsible for ten most fattening foods in the world.
As we break for lunch, here’s Marian Anderson performing “Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child.”